We are now recruiting for the positions described below. Please contact us if you're a fit or if you know someone who is. We offer a very attractive referral fee.
FREE!! Contact us to receive a free copy of our proven Ace the Interview Prep Instructions, Top 10 Resume Tips, Resume Template, and Cover Letter Guide.
Call or email to talk about our resume services. We'll show you how to present your qualifications to attract the hiring manager's attention.
Vice President of Sales
A private equity backed company that was established in 2001 and is a leading national provider of industry specific search technology and websites. We are looking for a strong Sales executive to join our senior leadership team who has the passion, drive and enthusiasm to build a scalable sales organization to take advantage of new opportunities in a changing marketplace.
As you’d guess for a Bay Area-based software company, we balance a “work hard, play equally hard” approach to things. We’re very much focused on growing the business and taking care of our customers, but that shouldn’t stop us from celebrating wins and then looking for the next challenge.
We have an outstanding product and we are looking for someone who can inspire and motivate a team across functional areas while building and maintaining a culture of high performance. In this role you will develop the plan, people, and process for the revenue engine that will allow the company to rapidly scale. Your work will have a real impact as your efforts will drive growth for the company and provide an important competitive advantage for the business. Additionally, as the business grows the successful candidate will have the opportunity for expanded responsibilities overseeing Operations for the organization as well.
About the Role:
The VP of Sales will report to the President and will own and lead company’s sales efforts. You will be a key leader in partnership with Marketing, Product, Engineering, and Customer Success to expand on our existing inside sales efforts and grow our 3rd party partnerships. You’ll do this by delivering on these key responsibilities:
- Create a data-driven, predictable sales process transitioning from a traditional “farmer” approach to include more active lead management and calling on prospective customers.
- Develop our people by coaching and managing the sales team in all aspects of their responsibilities so they meet or exceed their goals.
- Create and implement sales compensation programs that appropriately reward performance and delivery of results.
- Collaborate with the leadership team to build a sales plan that supports a rapid increase in scale and delivers profitable revenue.
- Actively manage the sales pipeline, ensuring the team is consistently managing prospects and following up on unconverted trials.
- Attend trade shows to meet industry peers and champion the company’s value proposition.
- Drive efforts to recruit, hire, onboard, and develop new sales representatives.
- Maintain and leverage existing partner relationships to introduce the company to new customers.
- Provide customer feedback to the product team to continue to iterate on our offerings in support of sales and user needs. Assist In feasibility studies and build business plans to support the successful launch of new products and services.
The idea of building a sales strategy and executing against that plan to deliver significant growth for the company is exciting to you. You thrive in an environment where you set the pace of the organization and challenge the team to keep up with your vision.
- You’ve successfully built and led a sales team and process that delivers results based on data and clear expectations.
- You have a strong knowledge and understanding of sales & marketing processes, and ideally have led other functional teams within a SaaS company.
- You have a keen ability to listen to customers and identify their problems and needs, excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to build strong, trusted relationships with partners and employees.
- You have significant experience in SaaS sales including at least 5 years in a management level position where you have doubled the revenue of the business.
- You have a strong personal network and understanding of trends within the industry.
- You’ve completed a 4-year degree in business or a related degree, or you’ve learned equivalent skills through hard work and perseverance.
If you are interested in this position for yourself or you can recommend someone for a referral fee, please contact Mauri Schwartz at Mauri@CareerInsiders.com. Thank you!